Medical Scientific Liaison - Cardiology
Medical Scientific Liaison - Cardiology
Job Description18 million. That’s the number of people that die from Cardiovascular disease in the world every year. As part of Novartis’ Cardio Metabolic team, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in more people’s lives, in this National Medical Scientific Liaison position.
As a Medical Scientific Liaison, your role will be to serve as a liaison to the medical or scientific community. You will be responsible for establishing, developing and collaborate with Health Care providers or professionals to ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding Novartis’ compounds in a timely, ethical and stakeholder-focused manner. You will implement clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with other Novartis associates for designated partners.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop relationships quickly and effectively; educate and maintain scientific dialogue with medical professionals and partners to ensure access to current and emerging scientific information on Novartis products
• Build and implement plans to optimize alignment of development activities
• Provide scientific information and present up-to-date data on the products to healthcare professionals
• Support investigational sites and work cross functionally to support TMO and Medical Advisors in recommending investigators for Phase I-IV clinical programs
• Work as a team to assist the Medical Advisor in set-up, implementation and execution of Novartis-sponsored local clinical studies
• Provide education to medical professionals, speakers, and investigators on novel, emerging and medical data
• Prepare meeting results; attend and support medical meetings, report customer feedback and evaluate the impact of competitive information to share both internally and externally.
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• A relevant qualification, such as a PhD, PharmD or medical qualification would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research, preferably in cardio-metabolic, with working knowledge of the Australian Healthcare System
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with decision makers as an MSL is crucial
• Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyze them within strategic and regulatory settings with a strong personal integrity, and customer focus
• Outstanding interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills with effectively commit to work on multifunctional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize on the go, whilst working successfully in a constantly evolving, field-based environment
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network